Monday 22 September 2014

Diary from my patient's Breast Augmentation journey

Jessica Berg
Sydney-based Make-up Artist and Hair Stylist, Jessica Berg has been using her expertise to boost women’s confidence for over a decade. Little did I know, that she, herself, had developed low self-esteem as after breast-feeding her children she was left with a hollowed out chest. Who would have thought that this beautiful, willowy former model lacked confidence!
I suggested, that perhaps she should seek some advice in regards to a breast augmentation and recommended she have a consultation with cosmetic surgeon, Dr Anoop Rastogi who specializes in the procedure.
Here is her story (in her own words) on how she gained back her self-confidence and femininity…
I have always wanted to have boobs! I never really had much shape at all. Before I had my two beautiful boys, my cup size was a very small B.
When I fell pregnant for the first time, eight years ago, it was an amazing boost to my ego, because I got some much wanted shape to my all over frame.
Being pregnant made me feel feminine for the first time in my life.
I was lucky to have plenty of milk and chose to fully breast feed both boys, without supplementation.
I breast-fed my eldest son for 15 months and my second son for 12 months. Although I wouldn’t change a thing it definitely took a toll on my whole body, particularly my breasts.
Having gone from a full C cup whilst breast-feeding, to what I have now – a double A has made me very self-conscious about my breasts. I won’t leave the house without wearing a bra, not even to get the newspaper. Sometimes I will even wear a bra to bed, as I don’t feel comfortable.
My husband is a great support and says he doesn’t mind my breasts the way they are, but I do mind. I feel shapeless if I’m not wearing one of my many heavily padded bras.
Sometimes, I’ll try and make light of it by joking that I need bigger drawers to fit all of my bras in.
So after lots of research and sole searching I made the decision to have a breast augmentation, as I truly wanted to feel happy and confident about my body.
I also wanted my boys to see a happier, more confident mummy. I owe it to them to give them the best of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment