Tips for 40+ skin - Body & Soul Magazine
- Wear sun protection every day. Cosmetic physician Dr Geoffrey Heber says, "It has been shown if you do nothing else but use a sunscreen, it allows the body's natural repair processes to prevent and repair skin damage over time."
- Use vitamin A. "There is no ingredient with more scientific data attesting to its anti-ageing efficacy," Heber says. "It repairs skin ageing and also prevents it."
- Get plenty of sleep. It's the best anti-ageing treatment on offer.
- Drink sufficient water. Aim for at least two litres a day.
- Maintain a steady weight. Being underweight or overweight can add years to your face. "It's the time of life when you must choose between your face and your bottom," cosmetic surgeon Dr Anoop Rastogi says. Eat essential fatty acids, from oily fish and avocado, for internal hydration.
- Cut back on alcohol. It dehydrates skin and can lead to sagging, lines and wrinkles.